Flexible fees to fit your ensemble’s budget
SoundSport® Membership and Participation fees are assessed to offset the costs associated with providing every participant with world-class levels of service, top adjudicators in the marching arts, access to world class performance venues, and year round access to exclusive educational, developmental and other resources and membership benefits. We also provide highly valuable promotion of your ensemble through a number of high-visibility channels developed from years of global event management expertise and millions of highly engaged fans and supporters
As part of our mission to remove barriers to participation and “right-size” the drum corps experience for smaller ensembles, the SoundSport fee model is designed to adjust with the level of your program participation – assuring that no ensemble is unable to afford this experience.
Our per-event participation fee allows you to determine the number and type of SoundSport performance opportunities that work within your budget. Our summer event request process gives you the power to determine the distance your organization is prepared to travel. With the advice and guidance of the SoundSport staff, these decisions give you the power and ability to shape unique performance experiences and even “mini-tours” tailored to your financial capabilities, programming and development goals.
Our team is excited to work with you to provide the unique drum corps experience to SoundSport teams worldwide. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our fees and contact us with any questions or comments you have.
What is the cost to participate in a SoundSport® event?
For the summer of 2019, participation fees will be:
$75 SoundSport Virtual Events
$150 Exhibition Performances
$300 SoundSport Competitions
$450 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival
SoundSport offers three event types:
SoundSport® Virtual Performance Events
Don’t have the budget or ability to travel to a live performance opportunity? SoundSport® Virtual gives your ensemble the opportunity to receive feedback from the comfort and convenience of your very own rehearsal facility all summer long! Powered through e-Adjudicate Online Judging, participants will receive invaluable feedback and input from nationally-recognized performing arts education professionals to help maximize ensemble performance strengths, while refining areas of opportunity to create high-achieving, highly-entertaining performances. In addition to receiving audio commentary of your performance, SoundSport® teams will also receive an achievement ranking as explained in the official rules at SoundSport.com.
SoundSport® Exhibitions at Drum Corps International Competitions
Exhibition performances at a local Drum Corps International show offer a great opportunity to gain exposure near your hometown while introducing your participants to Marching Music’s Major League™. Our staff will work with DCI Tour Event Partners to identify one of multiple types of performance opportunities available for your team at these events.
All ensembles interested in exhibition performances must request a performance opportunity through the SoundSport office. Ensembles may not contact Tour Event Partners directly.
SoundSport® Competitions and Events
Nothing beats the experience of a live SoundSport Competition! Take the field in competition at some of the top events and venues on the DCI Tour as you share the stage with the world’s top Open and World Class drum corps. Our staff will define your right-sized performance stage measuring 30 yards wide by 20 yards deep, framing your 5 to 7 minute performance. Three of our top adjudicators will evaluate your performance in music, visual and overall impression captions.
As more teams form in diverse geographic regions, we’ll continue to build our schedule of live SoundSport® events to provide as many performances opportunities as possible.
Non-Competitive Performance Opportunities
The goal of the SoundSport program is to assist in the creation of – and provide performance opportunities to – local, low cost and entertaining instrumental ensembles. An essential part of building a local music ensemble is seeking out and developing non-competitive performance opportunities in your area. These performances can be a great way to get your members used to performing in front of a live audience while gaining valuable exposure for your group, which can help in fundraising, obtaining sponsorships and recruiting members. Some of these opportunities may include:
- Business and Store Grand Opening Events
- Carnivals and Fairs
- Amusement Parks
- Patriotic Events
- Community Festivals
- School and Sporting Events
- Church Events
- Shopping Centers & Malls
While we recommend finding non-competitive performance opportunities outside of the SoundSport program, we’re always looking for new and exciting venues to bring SoundSport events to! If you have a local event host or amazing performance opportunity you want to share, submit an event host inquiry SoundSport.com/host-an-event and we’ll check it out!
Exclusive SoundSport® participation benefits include:
- Your members will gain exciting performance opportunities on the greatest stages in marching music—in some of the world’s most prestigious venues—including: the Alamodome, Alabama A&M Stadium, the Georgia Dome and the Indiana Convention Center/Lucas Oil Stadium
- Exclusive 15% SoundSport discount above and beyond DCI’s regular discounted group ticket price to DCI Premier Events – adding up to a potential savings of up to 65% over face value!
- Participating teams in live SoundSport competitions will receive 5 staff credentials for stadium admission.
- Your members will perform in front of ready-made audiences of passionate, knowledgeable and supportive fans of the marching arts, sharing the very same stage with members of Marching Music’s Major League™.
- Your members will receive professional adjudication and recorded constructive feedback to help your team grow and thrive.
- Participating teams receive access to our professional event management expertise, along with day-of-event services such as EMT/medical, special team parking and stadium entrance, warm-up area, dedicated event staff liaisons and more.
- Your team will harness the power of Drum Corps International’s enormous worldwide marketing and promotions outreach with recognition/promotion on the SoundSport website and social media outlets.
- Your team will have the opportunity to gain tremendous local exposure and support with a recruitment and information table at the event location (where available).
- Your team name will announced on the public address system during the event.
- Your team name and contact information will be displayed on stadium video boards (where available)
- Directors and their guest will receive an invitation to the DCI Hall of Fame Kickoff Party in Indianapolis during DCI World Championships Week festivities.
- Special team awards
- And more!
Perhaps most importantly, your members will become a part of the exciting and remarkable world of Drum Corps International, as they gain first-hand insight into the dedication, commitment and motivation necessary to achieve excellence on stage and in life. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into this exciting world, and to helping inspire your SoundSport team to achieve great things.