Membership and Participation Fees
Membership and Participation fees are assessed to offset the costs associated with providing every participant the highest levels of service, top adjudicators in the field, access to professional and collegiate stadiums, and year round access to exclusive membership benefits and promotion of your ensemble.
What is the cost to participate in a SoundSport® event?
For the summer of 2018, participation fees will be as follows:
$75 SoundSport Virtual Events
$150 Exhibition Performances
$300 SoundSport Competitions
$450 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival
Additional information on each of our event types:
SoundSport® Virtual Performance Events
Virtual Performance Events are offered SoundSport® ensembles through e-Adjudicate Online Judging. Participants will receive invaluable input from nationally-recognized performing arts education professionals and feedback to help them maximize their ensemble’s performance strengths, while refining areas of opportunity to create high-achieving, highly-entertaining performances. In addition to receiving audio commentary of their performance, SoundSport® teams will also receive an achievement ranking as explained in the official rules at SoundSport.com.
SoundSport® Exhibitions at Drum Corps International Competitions
Exhibition performances at a local Drum Corps International show offer a great opportunity to gain exposure near your hometown while introducing your participants to Marching Music’s Major League™. Our staff will work with the show host to identify one of multiple types of performance opportunities available for your team at these events.
All ensembles interested in exhibition performances must request a performance opportunity through SoundSport@dci.org.
SoundSport® Competitions and Events
As more teams form in geographic regions, we’ll continue to build our schedule of live SoundSport® events to provide as many performances opportunities as possible.
Participating ensembles are also encouraged to seek out and develop non-competitive performance opportunities in your area. These performances can be a great way to get your members used to performing in front of a live audience while gaining valuable exposure for your group, which can help in fundraising, obtaining sponsorships and recruiting members. Some of these opportunities may include:
- Business and Store Grand Opening Events
- Carnivals and Fairs
- Amusement Parks
- Patriotic Events
- Community Festivals
- School and Sporting Events
- Church Events
- Shopping Centers & Malls
Due to the variety of different performance opportunities for SoundSport® teams, the participation fee for these events may vary for unique locations (and some may even have no participation fee!).
Exclusive SoundSport® participation benefits include:
- Your members will gain exciting performance opportunities on the greatest stages in marching music—in some of the world’s most prestigious venues—including: the Alamodome, Alabama A&M Stadium, the Georgia Dome and the Indiana Convention Center/Lucas Oil Stadium
- Exclusive 15% SoundSport discount above and beyond DCI’s regular discounted group ticket price to DCI Premier Events – adding up to a potential savings of up to 65% over face value!
- Participating teams in live SoundSport competitions will receive 5 staff credentials for stadium admission.
- Your members will perform in front of ready-made audiences of passionate, knowledgeable and supportive fans of the marching arts, sharing the very same stage with members of Marching Music’s Major League™.
- Your members will receive professional adjudication and recorded constructive feedback to help your team grow and thrive.
- Participating teams receive access to our professional event management expertise, along with day-of-event services such as EMT/medical, special team parking and stadium entrance, warm-up area, dedicated event staff liaisons and more.
- Your team will harness the power of Drum Corps International’s enormous worldwide marketing and promotions outreach with recognition/promotion on the SoundSport website and social media outlets.
- Your team will have the opportunity to gain tremendous local exposure and support with a recruitment and information table at the event location (where available).
- Your team name will announced on the public address system during the event.
- Your team name and contact information will be displayed on stadium video boards (where available)
- Directors and their guest will receive an invitation to the DCI Hall of Fame Kickoff Party in Indianapolis during DCI World Championships Week festivities.
- Special team awards
- And more!
Perhaps most importantly, your members will become a part of the exciting and remarkable world of Drum Corps International, as they gain first-hand insight into the dedication, commitment and motivation necessary to achieve excellence on stage and in life. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into this exciting world, and to helping inspire your SoundSport team to achieve great things.