What is the cost to participate in a SoundSport® event?
Many SoundSport® events will have a per-person participation fee. The exact amount of this participation fee can vary on a number of factors.
SoundSport® Virtual Performance Events
Virtual Performance Events are offered to interested SoundSport® ensembles through e-Adjudicate Online Judging. Participants will receive invaluable input from nationally-recognized performing arts education professionals and feedback to help them maximize their ensemble’s performance strengths, while refining areas of opportunity to create high-achieving, highly-entertaining performances. In addition to receiving audio commentary of their performance, SoundSport® teams will also receive an achievement ranking as explained in the official rules at SoundSport.com.
SoundSport® Exhibitions at Drum Corps International Competitions
When a SoundSport® ensemble performs an exhibition performance at a local Drum Corps International show, there is a participation fee that typically ranges between $20-25 per participant (includes a ticket to that day’s DCI event). At these events there may be several available performance opportunities for SoundSport® ensembles. Contact SoundSport@dci.org to discuss opportunities for your team.
Exclusive SoundSport® participation benefits include:
- Your members will gain exciting performance opportunities on the greatest stages in marching music—in some of the world’s most prestigious venues—including: the Alamodome, Alabama A&M Stadium, the Georgia Dome and the Indiana Convention Center/Lucas Oil Stadium
- Your members will perform in front of ready-made audiences of thousands of passionate, knowledgeable and supportive fans of the marching arts, sharing the very same stage with members of Marching Music’s Major League™.
- Your members will receive professional adjudication and recorded constructive feedback to help your team grow and thrive.
- Your team members will receive a reserved ticket to a DCI Premier Event (up to a $55 value!).
- Participating teams receive access to our professional event management expertise, along with day-of-event services such as EMT/medical, special team parking and stadium entrance, warm-up area, dedicated event staff liaisons and more.
- Your team will harness the power of Drum Corps International’s enormous worldwide marketing and promotions outreach with recognition/promotion on the SoundSport website and social media outlets.
- Your team will have the opportunity to gain tremendous local exposure and support with a recruitment and information table at the event location (where available).
- Your team name will announced on the public address system during the event.
- Your team name and contact information will be displayed on stadium video boards (where available)
- Directors and their guest will receive an invitation to the DCI Hall of Fame Kickoff Party in Indianapolis during DCI World Championships Week festivities.
- Directors and their guest will receive an invitation to the exclusive DCI Friday Night Party at the DCI World Championships in Indianapolis.
- Teams will have members-only access to exclusive SoundSport merchandise, hats, collectible patches and commemorative pins.
- Special team awards
- And more!
Perhaps most importantly, your members will become a part of the exciting and remarkable world of Drum Corps International, as they gain first-hand insight into the dedication, commitment and motivation necessary to achieve excellence on stage and in life. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into this exciting world, and to helping inspire your SoundSport team to achieve great things.
SoundSport® Competitions and Events
As more teams form in geographic regions, we’ll begin to schedule live SoundSport® events to provide as many performances opportunities as possible.
Participating ensembles are also encouraged to seek out and develop non-competitive performance opportunities in your area. These performances can be a great way to get your members used to performing in front of a live audience while gaining valuable exposure for your group, which can help in fundraising, obtaining sponsorships and recruiting members. Some of these opportunities may include:
■ Business and Store Grand Opening Events
■ Carnivals and Fairs
■ Amusement Parks
■ Patriotic Events
■ Community Festivals
■ School and Sporting Events
■ Church Events
■ Shopping Centers & Malls
Due to the variety of different performance opportunities for SoundSport® teams, the participation fee for these events will vary for every location (and some may even have no participation fee!).