SoundSport® provides a dynamic world class stage for performance ensembles to experience the joy of the marching performing arts.
A program of Drum Corps International since 2013, SoundSport® provides exciting performance opportunities for musical ensembles of all types, all ages, and all instruments, to encourage the creation of and support for community music-making everywhere.
SoundSport® events showcase performance ensembles of any instrumentation, any skill level, and any age, with emphasis on entertainment, education, and creativity. Features of the program include:
- University, high school, and middle school marching bands, athletic bands, pep bands, and percussion ensembles
- Independent drum & bugle corps, alumni corps, marching bands, and other community based musical organizations
- Five or more performers
- Any age performers playing any and all kinds of instruments
- Programs (shows) that are 5 to 7 minutes in length with the option for movement or choreography
- A performance space 20 yards deep by 30 yards wide – the size of a school gymnasium
SoundSport® encourages performance ensembles to be community based and to keep costs low for participants.
Live Competitive Events – held throughout the year in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings including DCI events, featuring entertainment-focused competition in up-close performance venues.
Virtual Performances – Virtual Performance Events are offered SoundSport® ensembles through e-Adjudicate Online Judging. Participants will receive invaluable input from nationally-recognized performing arts education professionals and feedback to help them maximize their ensemble’s performance strengths, while refining areas of opportunity to create high-achieving, highly-entertaining performances.