Flexible fees to fit your ensemble’s budget
SoundSport® Registration and Participation fees offset the costs to provide participants with world-class levels of service, top adjudicators in the marching arts, access to world class performance venues, and year round access to educational, developmental and other resources and membership benefits. You receive valuable promotion of your ensemble through a number of high-visibility channels developed from years of global event management expertise and millions of highly engaged fans and supporters
As part of our mission to remove barriers to participation and “right-size” the drum corps experience for smaller ensembles, the SoundSport fee model is designed to adjust with the level of your program participation – assuring that no ensemble is unable to afford this experience.
Our per-event participation fee allows you to determine the number and type of SoundSport performance opportunities that work within your budget. The event request process gives you the opportunity to control the distance your organization is able to travel. With guidance from the SoundSport staff, these decisions give you the power and ability to shape unique performance experiences and possibly “mini-tours” tailored to your financial capabilities, programming and development goals.
Our team is excited to work with you to provide the unique drum corps experience to SoundSport ensembles worldwide. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our fees and contact us with any questions or comments.
What is the cost to participate in a SoundSport® event?
Annual Registration fee: $150
$75 SoundSport Virtual Events
$150 Exhibition Performances
$300 SoundSport Competitions
$450 SoundSport International Music & Food Festival
SoundSport offers three event types:
SoundSport® Virtual Performance Events
Don’t have the budget or ability to travel to a live performance opportunity? SoundSport® Virtual gives your ensemble the opportunity to receive feedback from the comfort and convenience of your very own rehearsal facility all summer long! Powered through e-Adjudicate Online Judging, participants will receive invaluable feedback and input from nationally-recognized performing arts education professionals to help maximize ensemble performance strengths, while refining areas of opportunity to create high-achieving, highly-entertaining performances. In addition to receiving audio commentary of your performance, SoundSport® teams will also receive an achievement ranking as explained in the official rules at SoundSport.com.
SoundSport® Exhibitions at Drum Corps International Competitions
Exhibition performances at a local Drum Corps International show offer a great opportunity to gain exposure near your hometown while introducing your participants to Marching Music’s Major League™. Our staff works with DCI Tour Event Partners to identify one of multiple types of performance opportunities available for your team at these events.
All ensembles interested in exhibition performances must request a performance opportunity through the SoundSport office. Ensembles may not contact Tour Event Partners directly.
SoundSport® Competitions and Events
Nothing beats the experience of a live SoundSport Competition! Take the field in competition at some of the top events and venues on the DCI Tour as you share the stage with the world’s top Open and World Class drum corps. Our staff will define your right-sized performance stage measuring 30 yards wide by 20 yards deep, framing your 5 to 7 minute performance. Three of our top adjudicators will evaluate your performance in music, visual and overall impression captions.
As more teams form in diverse geographic regions, we’ll continue to build our schedule of live SoundSport® events to provide as many performances opportunities as possible.
Non-Competitive Performance Opportunities
SoundSport provides exciting performance opportunities for musical ensembles of all types, all ages, and all instruments, to encourage the creation of and support for, community music-making everywhere.
An essential part of building a local music ensemble includes non-competitive performance opportunities in your area. These performances can be a great way to get your members used to performing in front of a live audience while gaining valuable exposure for your group, which can help in fundraising, obtaining sponsorships and recruiting members. Some of these opportunities may include:
- Business and Store Grand Opening Events
- Carnivals and Fairs
- Amusement Parks
- Patriotic Events
- Community Festivals
- School and Sporting Events
- Church Events
- Shopping Centers & Malls
While we recommend finding non-competitive performance opportunities beyond SoundSport, we’re always looking for new and exciting venues to bring SoundSport events to! If you have a local event host or amazing performance opportunity you want to share, submit an event host inquiry SoundSport.com/host-an-event and we’ll check it out!
Exclusive SoundSport® participation benefits include:
- Exciting performance opportunities on the greatest stages in marching music—in some of the world’s most prestigious venues.
- SoundSport Performance Package admission for your participants and staff so they can fully enjoy DCI events.
- Performing in front of ready-made audiences of passionate, knowledgeable and supportive fans of the marching arts, sharing the very same stage with members of Marching Music’s Major League™.
- Professional adjudication and recorded constructive feedback to help your team grow and thrive (at specified events).
- Access to professional event management expertise, along with day-of-event services such as EMT/medical, special parking and stadium entrance, warm-up area, dedicated event staff liaisons and more.
- The benefits of the power of Drum Corps International’s enormous worldwide marketing and promotions outreach with recognition/promotion on the SoundSport website and social media outlets.
- Exposure and support with a recruitment and information table at your event location (where available).
- Announcing your ensemble on the public address system during the event.
- Displaying your ensemble on stadium video boards (where available)
- An invitation for your ensemble’s director and guest to the DCI Hall of Fame Kickoff Party in Indianapolis during DCI World Championships Week.
- Special team awards
- And more!
Perhaps most importantly, your members will become part of the remarkable world of Drum Corps International, as they gain first-hand insight into the dedication, commitment and motivation necessary to achieve excellence on stage and in life. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into this exciting world, and inspire your SoundSport performers to achieve great things.