Thanks for registering for SoundSport! We will contact you soon to schedule an introduction call.
In the meantime, we offer some of our best success tips for new ensembles below. Please read through all of the information to assist in the planning for your SoundSport season!
Ensemble Size and Schedule:
- Set reasonable goals if your group is new. For a musically effective ensemble, several wind instruments, a few percussionists (or one drum set) might be all you can accommodate to begin your SoundSport journey. Remember, the SoundSport stage is the size of a gym, the perfect size to for a smaller ensemble.
- Don’t over-schedule rehearsals for a new or young group. A lot can be accomplished in several well-place and well-planned rehearsals.
- Movement and choreography can be added over time. There are no rules requiring movement, so create a program within your capabilities that is entertaining and will keep your audience engaged.
- Many groups begin their SoundSport journey with performers providing their own instruments.
- Try using a drum set or small auxiliary rack system to provide your percussion sound.
- Traditional uniforms are not required. Be imaginative – or shorts and polo shirts/t-shirts will work perfectly!
- Set achievable goals – your first year might include one or two local performances and one performance at a DCI event.
- Look for performance opportunities in your community such as minor league baseball games, parades, festivals, civic functions, and corporate gigs. You can end your summer season with a DCI event near you or the International Music and Food Festival in Indianapolis during DCI World Championships week.
- Can’t make it to a live event? Participate in one of our virtual events. Send in a video of your show and 3 judges evaluate and provide helpful recorded comments on your performance.
- Let us know how we can help to promote your group. Send us photos and video clips. Tag us in your social media messaging so we can share your info!
- As a SoundSport participant, you will receive exclusive access to resources to help you effectively plan and manage your ensemble.